5 easy methods to fix this error
There are a whole lot of consumers who are just unplugging USB with out disabling it initially in the “Safely remove components and eject media” menu. Other individuals will use this solution to prevent doable troubles with a USB flash generate or exterior HDD. Having said that, some of them have been not able to safely remove a USB Mass Storage generate as the “Windows is not able to end the device…” prompt appeared, informing the about USB Mass Storage still becoming in use.
We built positive to present you with some options for the problem at hand.
What to do if Windows is not able to end the system
- 1 What to do if Windows is not able to end the system
- Check out the track record applications
- Restart Explorer.exe
- Check out for storage problems
- Disable track record processes
- Structure USB Mass Storage and commence from a scratch
Answer 1 – Check out the track record applications
As the prompt by itself points out, there appears to be to be a track record system utilizing the USB Mass Storage as you try to eject it. Now, even even though you’re very positive that there are no track record processes protecting against ejection, it is still advised to double-look at in the Process Supervisor. Some applications will work in the track record even if they are seemingly closed.
In addition, if you’re a Windows 10 user, you can very easily determine which system is utilizing the USB Mass Storage with the Program Party Log. Program Party Log retains keep track of of all problems and prompts and offers a user with in-element experiences about problems. If you’re not positive where by to discover it, follow the actions we enlisted underneath:
- When the error seems, close the dialog box.
- In the Windows Lookup bar, type Program Party and open Program Party logs.
- Below the “Summary of Administrative Events“, develop Errors and Warnings, respectively, and look at for the EventID 225.
- There you should discover what precise software is utilizing the USB Mass Storage and eliminate its system in the Process Supervisor.
Answer two – Restart Explorer.exe
If the difficulty is persistent even after you have killed the system, the problem may well lie in the Explorer. Explorer.exe tends to prevent the USB Mass Storage from ejecting, as well. Some consumers have been capable to safely remove exterior storage by restarting the system. This can be accomplished by way of the Process Supervisor.
Here’s how to do it:
- Appropriate-click on the Taskbar and open Process Supervisor from the contextual menu.
- In the Processes tab, scroll to the bottom where by you’ll discover Windows Explorer.
- Simply click as soon as on it to spotlight it and then click Restart.
Answer 3 – Check out for storage problems
Yet another matter value examining in purchase to steer clear of long term troubles is disc corruption. The procedure should provide you repairs the second you plug the USB Mass Storage in a USB port. If you have ignored it until eventually now, we counsel to use it. On the other hand, even if the procedure doesn’t realize generate problems, you can scan for problems on your individual.
Here’s how to scan exterior storage for problems:
- Open either File Explorer or This Laptop.
- Appropriate-click on the affected USB Mass Storage generate and open Qualities.
- Decide on Equipment.
- Below Mistake Examining, click Check out. The scanning system may well choose some time, centered on the details sizing.
Answer 4 – Disable track record processes
With the Program Party Log, you should be capable to establish the precise software which is utilizing the USB Mass Storage. Having said that, the best way (though a bit as well restrictive for some) to take care of inflictions of track record applications is by the Clean Boot sequence. This course of action kills off all non-procedure expert services and it should take care of the “Windows is not able to end the device…” error so you can unplug your USB Mass Storage.
Here’s how to disable track record expert services and, hopefully, take care of the difficulty at hand:
- In the Windows Lookup bar, type msconfig and open Program Configuration.
- Below the Solutions tab, look at the “Conceal all Microsoft expert services” box.
- Simply click “Disable all” to disable all energetic third-bash expert services.
- Affirm adjustments and try safely taking away the USB Mass Media generate.
Answer five – Structure USB Mass Storage and commence from a scratch
Finally, if you’re not able to take care of this difficulty with any of the former actions, we counsel backing up and formatting your USB Mass Storage. This may well be a drag, specially if you have a ton of details to back up. Having said that, this is the safest way to steer clear of additional troubles with that distinct generate.
With that stated, we can conclude this post. If you have any queries or strategies pertaining to the “Windows is not able to end the device…” error, experience absolutely free to notify us in the reviews area underneath.
Connected Tales YOU Ought to Check out OUT: