Fix OneDrive sync issues with these 4 quick methods
OneDrive is an important aspect of Windows ten, essentially it is represented a lot more than in any past version of Windows. But some sync difficulties with this provider could appear at times, and in this article you are going to obtain out how to fix them.
SOLVED: OneDrive failed to sync documents
Alternative one – Restart the OneDrive desktop app
Possibly there’s an mistake in OneDrive method, so restarting the provider could probably fix the trouble. Here’s how to restart OneDrive app:
- Right-simply click on the OneDrive icon (a white cloud) in the taskbar
- Click on Exit
- Go to Lookup, variety onedrive and open up OneDrive
- Check if you are in a position to sync your documents yet again
Alternative two – Make certain your OneDrive account is connected to Windows
OneDrive will not work if your Windows ten is not connected to your Microsoft Account, so in scenario you switched to the local account, you have to get again to Microsoft Account to make OneDrive functioning. And here’s how to do that, in scenario you are not certain:
- Go to Start out Menu and open up Configurations
- Go to Accounts and then Your account
- Decide on Sign in with a Microsoft account as a substitute
- Observe the guidance, signal out and then signal in yet again to make OneDrive functioning
- Relevant: How to Alter OneDrive Sync Configurations in Windows ten, 8.one
Alternative 3 – Reset OneDrive configurations
- Right-simply click on the OneDrive icon in the taskbar
- Click on Configurations and then Unlink
- Observe the guidance in Welcome to OneDrive wizard to established up OneDrive yet again
Alternative 4 — Disable your antivirus/ firewall
Your security software (antivirus, firewall or antimalware equipment) may perhaps from time to time protect against OneDrive from syncing. Definitely, the fastest resolution to correct this concern is to convert off your antivirus or firewall. If the sync method completes effectively, you just recognized the bring about of this concern. Do not ignore to allow your antivirus and firewall protection as shortly as you have sync your documents.
Which is it, we hope that at the very least one particular of the answers outlined above served you with the syncing trouble in OneDrive. If you have any feedback or inquiries, attain for the feedback area underneath and convey to us your thoughts.
If you have any other Windows ten-relevant issues you can check out for the resolution in our Windows ten Deal with area. Microsoft has now up to date its official Deal with OneDrive sync issues web page to accommodate the launch of Windows ten v1809.
Relevant GUIDES TO Check OUT:
Editor’s Note: This article was at first posted in August 2015 and has been since up to date for freshness, and precision.