Here’s how to fix SysMenu.dll error on Windows 10
Lots of Windows ten customers have claimed start off up mistakes avoiding them from properly applying their computer systems. The most typical mistakes that Windows ten Laptop owners encounter are related to the SysMenu.dll file.
Normally, there is a window displaying a message informing customers that the SysMenu.dll module could not be discovered. Most regularly, customers report this mistake happens before long just after they upgrade to Windows ten.
Fix SysMenu.dll mistakes in Windows ten
- 1 Fix SysMenu.dll mistakes in Windows ten
- 1.1 Option 1 – Eliminate the SysMenu.dll
- 1.2 Option 2 – Use CCleaner
- 1.3 Option three – Remove SysMenu.dll from your browser
- 1.4 Option 4 – Use Autoruns
- 1.5 Option 5 – Accomplish a Cleanse boot
- 1.6 Option six – Copy the file to the Program Files listing
- 1.7 Option seven – Scan your program
- 1.8 Option 8 – Eliminate the problematic apps
- 1.9 Option nine – Modify your registry
SysMenu.dll mistake can be quite aggravating, but this is not the only DLL mistake that you can experience. There are many very similar difficulties that can surface, and listed here are some of the most typical types:
- Rundll mistake Windows ten, on startup – This is a very similar mistake that can happen, and we previously covered this challenge in-depth in our Rundll32.exe mistake short article, so be certain to test it out.
- Sysmenu dll module could not be discovered Windows seven – This challenge can happen if the DLL file is missing and it can influence any model of Windows. To deal with the challenge, copy this file to the Program Files listing and the challenge should really be solved.
- Sysmenu.dll is missing, file missing, could not be discovered mistake, challenge beginning – There are many difficulties related to this DLL file, but you should really be capable to deal with the challenge applying a person of our methods.
Option 1 – Eliminate the SysMenu.dll
According to customers, often a SysMenu.dll mistake can surface owing to scheduled jobs. To deal with this challenge, you just want to find and get rid of all those jobs from your Laptop. This is quite uncomplicated to do, and you can do it by pursuing these measures:
- Go to the C:WindowsSystem32Tasks listing.
- Search for the Smupdate file. To find it, you can use the research characteristic.
- At the time you find the file, delete it.
If you want to find this file manually, it is usually positioned in the pursuing folders:
Right after you get rid of the Smupdate file, test if the challenge is solved.
Option 2 – Use CCleaner
If you want to deal with SysMenu.dll mistake instantly, you can always use 3rd-get together instruments such as CCleaner. In case you are not acquainted, CCleaner is a useful cleanup tool that can thoroughly clean your program from old and unnecessary information.
At the time you download CCleaner, run it and go to the Tools > Startup. From there you should really be capable to delete the SysMenu.dll/SMupdate file.
Right after performing that, the challenge should really be solved and anything will start off functioning again.
Option three – Remove SysMenu.dll from your browser
If you are applying Microsoft Edge, you can use this guidebook to get rid of all pop-ups and adware from this browser. If you applying yet another browser, you can use a focused tool for this intent, such as: Trojan Remover, SUPERAntiSpyware or Purpose Core Safety.
Option 4 – Use Autoruns
Lots of customers verified on Microsoft’ Technet discussion board that this tool aided them to get rid of unwelcome adware and eliminate the SysMenu.dll mistake. You can download Autoruns from Technet and you are going to almost certainly be astonished to see how many executables are released instantly.
When the download is complete, unzip the Autoruns file and launch it. Autoruns will show you the now configured vehicle-start off apps. Search for the SysMenu.dll file or information in the record and delete it/them. Then restart your pc.
If you are nonetheless possessing issueswith your .dll information or you just want to avoid them for the future, we propose you to download this tool (one hundred% safe and tested by us) to deal with numerous Laptop problems, such as missing or corrupted .dlls, malware and components failure.
Option 5 – Accomplish a Cleanse boot
According to customers, often 3rd-get together apps or companies can result in this challenge to surface. To deal with the challenge, you want to find the problematic software that is creating this challenge. The ideal way to do that is by carrying out a Cleanse boot, and you can do it by pursuing these measures:
- Push Windows Vital + R and form msconfig. Now click on Ok or push Enter.
- Procedure Configuration window will surface. Head in excess of to the Solutions tab and test Cover all Microsoft companies solution. Right after performing that, click on the Disable all button to disable these companies.
- Navigate to the Startup tab and click on Open Undertaking Supervisor.
- Undertaking Supervisor should really now start off and show you the record of startup apps. Right-click on the first entry and opt for Disable from the menu. Repeat this action for every single startup software on the record.
- Right after you’ve disabled all apps, head again to the Procedure Configuration window. Click Utilize and Ok to conserve alterations and restart your Laptop.
At the time your Laptop restarts, test if the challenge is nonetheless there. If the challenge does not surface, the challenge is triggered by startup apps. To find out the result in of the challenge, you want to help disabled apps and companies a person by a person or in teams.
Bear in brain that you want to restart your Laptop just after enabling each group of companies or apps in buy to use the alterations. At the time you find the problematic software, you can get rid of it or keep it disabled.
Option six – Copy the file to the Program Files listing
If you are obtaining SysMenu.dll mistake on your Laptop, the challenge might be simply because the file is not on a good place. Several customers claimed that they preset the challenge just by copying the SysMenu.dll file to the pursuing directories:
- C:Program Files (x86)
- C:Program Files
Right after performing that, the challenge was completely solved. As for the place of the SysMenu.dll, many customers claimed that this file was positioned in Windows.oldProgram filesCommon filesSystem listing. Bear in brain that Windows.old listing will be offered only for a few of times just after you up grade Windows, so be brief to deal with this challenge.
Option seven – Scan your program
In some circumstances, a malware infection can result in SysMenu.dll mistake to surface. To deal with the challenge, be certain to carry out a full program scan and test for malware. Bear in brain that a full program scan can just take few of hours relying on the sizing of your hard generate and antivirus program you are applying.
There are many terrific antivirus instruments that you can use to scan your Laptop, but if you are looking for a trusted antivirus that will keep your Laptop safe at all situations, you should really unquestionably consider applying Bitdefender.
Option 8 – Eliminate the problematic apps
According to customers, often 3rd-get together apps can result in this challenge to surface, and in buy to deal with the challenge, you want to find and get rid of them. Lots of customers claimed that YTDownloaded program triggered this challenge on their Laptop, but just after taking away it completely, the challenge was solved.
In buy to get rid of an software completely from your Laptop, it is encouraged to use an uninstaller program. In case you really do not know, uninstaller program is a specific software that will get rid of the selected software alongside with all of its information and registry entries. As a end result, the software will be removed from your Laptop completely.
There are many terrific uninstaller apps that you can use, but if you are looking for uninstaller program that is uncomplicated to use, we propose you try out out IOBit Uninstaller.
Option nine – Modify your registry
In some circumstances, the SysMenu.dll mistake can surface owing to your registry. To deal with the challenge, customers are suggesting that you get rid of this file’s entries from your registry. You can do that by pursuing these measures:
- Push Windows Vital + R to open the Run dialog. Enter regedit and push Enter or click on Ok.
- Search for sysmenu.dll in the suitable pane. If you find any sysmenu.dll values, be certain to delete them. As for the destinations, seem for this DLL file in the pursuing destinations:
At the time you find and get rid of these values from the registry, test if the challenge is solved.
We hope these 3 methods aided you to get rid of the SysMenu.dll mistake. In case you’ve discovered yet another remedy to deal with this challenge, you can convey to us extra about your practical experience in the remark segment under.
Editor’s Be aware: This submit was originally published in September 2016 and has been considering the fact that revamped and current for freshness, precision, and comprehensiveness.
Linked Tales YOU Require TO Look at OUT: