How to block access to the Control Panel
Up to date: 05/19/2017 by Computer Hope
The Regulate Panel in the Microsoft Home windows functioning system gives entry to numerous distinctive options and characteristics for Home windows. People can empower, disable, or adjust options as they truly feel important. Nonetheless, some pc homeowners do not want other end users to entry the Regulate Panel and adjust Home windows options.
To block entry to the Regulate Panel for a person or more user accounts on a pc, observe the steps under.
- Log in to Home windows with the user account that you want to block entry to the Regulate Panel.
- Open up the Home windows Registry.
- Navigate to the subsequent Registry essential:
- Check for a subkey named Explorer underneath the Policies essential. If the subkey exists, skip to the subsequent stage. If the subkey does not exist, suitable-click on the Policies essential and choose New > Essential. Kind Explorer as the title of the new subkey.
- Correct-click the Explorer subkey and choose New > DWORD (32-bit) Price. Kind NoControlPanel as the title of the DWORD price.
- Double-click the NoControlPanel price, adjust the to a one in the Price knowledge box, and click Alright to preserve the price adjust.
- Shut the Home windows Registry.
Note: If you want to block Regulate Panel entry for one more user account on the pc, repeat the steps higher than.