How to change a drive letter.
Up to date: 11/ten/2017 by Computer system Hope
In Microsoft Home windows, different storage gadgets and partitions on your personal computer are recognized making use of push letters. By default, these letters are assigned routinely. Nevertheless, if you wish to change a default push letter, may well do so by pursuing the steps beneath.
How to change a push letter
- Press the Home windows important, form Develop and structure hard disk partitions, and press Enter.
- Correct-click on on the disk or volume whose push letter you’d like to change, and then decide on Alter Generate Letter and Paths…
- In the window that appears, click on Alter…
- In the future window, decide on the letter you wish from the drop-down menu on the suitable, then click on Okay.
What if my wanted device just isn’t outlined?
In the newer versions of Home windows, gadgets this kind of as a CD-ROM push usually are not outlined on the similar page as hard drives, SSDs, and partitions. Nevertheless, you can adjust the gadgets you are viewing by pursuing the steps beneath.
- At the top of Disk Management window, click on Perspective.
- In the drop-down menu that appears, mouse around Prime, then click on Disk Listing.