How to fix Surface Pro Wi-Fi Problems [Solutions that worked for me]
four methods to deal with Surface Pro Wi-Fi difficulties
- Update your drivers
- Reset TCP/IP stack
- Re-configure the WiFi Adapter
- Operate the Internet connections troubleshooter
Home windows 10 is a cross-system operating procedure, which usually means that people of Surface Pro tablets gained a totally free upgrade as nicely. But immediately after upgrading to Home windows 10, some people reported that they are not able to connect to WiFi networks, so I hope this article will help them to remedy the trouble.
Alternative 1 – Update your drivers
The first thing you need to do is to look at if your Surface Pro drivers are up to date. I know that this remedy is the most common one you can discover on the world-wide-web, and that you are ill of it, but it could be useful.
If you are guaranteed that your Surface Pro drivers are not a lead to of this trouble, you can consider some of the pursuing methods.
Alternative two – Reset TCP/IP stack
To reset your TCP/IP stack, do the pursuing:
- Correct-simply click on the Get started Menu button and open Command Prompt (Admin)
- Form the pursuing command and push Enter: netsh int ip reset
- Reboot your Personal computer and look at if you are in a position to connect to WiFi community. If you can, you are fantastic to go, but if not, type the pursuing commands in the elevated Command Prompt and push Enter immediately after each and every one:
- netsh int tcp established heuristics disabled
- netsh int tcp established world-wide autotuninglevel=disabled
- netsh int tcp established world-wide rss=enabled
— Similar: Fix: Home windows 10 WiFi not connecting immediately
Alternative 3 – Re-configure the WiFi Adapter
It’s possible reconfiguring your WiFI adapter will remedy the trouble. To do so, stick to up coming actions:
- Go to Search, type unit manager and open System Manager
- Correct-simply click on your wireless adapter and go to Attributes
- Go to Power Administration tab, uncheck Allow for the pc to flip off this unit to help you save electricity and simply click Alright
- Modify the default electricity program, and switch it from substantial energy price savings to lower
We ALSO endorse you to download this tool (one hundred% harmless and examined by us) to fix various Personal computer problems, these kinds of as Internet link difficulties, malware and components failure.
Alternative four – Operate the Internet connections troubleshooter
If you want to use a tool to deal with your Wi-Fi difficulties on your Surface Pro unit, you can operate the Internet connections troubleshooter. This is one of the quite a few Home windows 10 designed-in troubleshooting equipment that you can use to deal with typical technical difficulties.
To operate this troubleshooter, go to Settings > Update & Safety > Troubleshooter > track down the Internet connections troubleshooter and simply click on ‘Run’.
The second and third methods helped me to deal with my Surface Pro WiFi link problems. If the issue persists, consider the other two methods as nicely.
That would be all, if you are continue to not able connect to the WiFi community, you can wait a little bit simply because maybe Microsoft will supply the remedy by means of Home windows Update. Or if you don’t want to wait, you can tell us in the remarks and we’ll consider to discover an additional remedy.
If you have any other Home windows 10-related difficulties you can look at for the remedy in our Home windows 10 Resolve portion.
Similar GUIDES TO Check out OUT:
Editor’s Observe: This put up was at first printed in August 2015 and has been due to the fact up to date for freshness, and precision.