How to uninstall Norton Antivirus on Windows 10: A start-to-finish guide
Users who intend to incorporate a new antivirus utility to Windows ten should really generally uninstall currently put in antivirus deal initially. Norton Antivirus is one utility that quite a couple customers uncover comes pre-put in with Windows ten.
Hence, that’s an antivirus deal customers often want to clear away prior to they incorporate an option utility to Windows ten. This is how customers can uninstall Norton Antivirus on Windows ten.
This is how customers can uninstall Norton Antivirus
- 1 This is how customers can uninstall Norton Antivirus
- 1.1 1. Uninstall Norton Antivirus through Applications and Attributes
- 1.2 2. Check Out the Norton Clear away and Reinstall Instrument
- 1.3 three. Clear away Norton Antivirus With a 3rd-Social gathering Uninstaller
- 1.4 4. Uninstall Norton Antivirus in Protected Manner
- 1.5 five. Nevertheless Can not Uninstall Norton Antivirus? Operate the Uninstall troubleshooter
How can I uninstall Norton Antivirus? There are numerous strategies that you can use: you can go to Applications and Attributes in Handle Panel, use the Norton Clear away and Reinstall Instrument, use a 3rd-occasion uninstaller or you can clear away the antivirus in Protected Manner.
1. Uninstall Norton Antivirus through Applications and Attributes
The Applications and Attributes Handle Panel applet is Windows 10’s constructed-in uninstaller. Users can clear away most program through Applications and Attributes. As these kinds of, that applet presents the most clear way to uninstall Norton Antivirus. Users can uninstall Norton Antivirus with Windows 10’s Handle Panel applet as follows.
- Proper-simply click the Start off button to open up the Earn + X menu. Then simply click Operate to open up that accessory.
- Enter ‘appwiz.cpl’ in Operate and simply click Alright to open up the window in the snapshot below.
- Decide on the Norton Antivirus program and simply click Uninstall/Change.
- Click the Certainly button to ensure.
- A Norton uninstaller window will then open up that may possibly check with if you want to retain some of the Norton antivirus functions. Click No thanks to drop.
- Click the Next button on the uninstaller window to clear away Norton Antivirus.
- Restart Windows just after uninstalling Norton Antivirus.
- Uninstalling Norton Antivirus through the Handle Panel may possibly depart some leftover information behind. As these kinds of, check out for remaining Norton folders with File Explorer. These are some of the leftover folders customers may possibly uncover:
- Norton Antivirus
- Norton Personalized Firewall
- Norton Web Security
- Norton SystemWorks
- Delete any of the earlier mentioned folders in File Explorer. Users can delete people folders by selecting them and pressing the Delete button.
— Connected: How to uninstall Windows ten applications for all customers
2. Check Out the Norton Clear away and Reinstall Instrument
Some customers have mentioned that they just cannot uncover Norton Antivirus in Applications and Attributes. Hence, an option uninstall process may possibly sometimes be necessary to clear away the antivirus utility.
Users can fully clear away Norton program with the Norton Clear away and Reinstall program as follows.
- 1st, open up simply click Obtain Now on the Norton Clear away and Reinstall Softpedia webpage.
- Next, suitable-simply click NrnR.exe and select Run as administrator to open up Norton Antivirus.
- Click the Agree button.
- Then simply click Advanced Options to select the Clear away Only selection.
- Push the Clear away button to ensure.
- The utility will then prompt customers to restart. Click the Restart Now button to do so.
three. Clear away Norton Antivirus With a 3rd-Social gathering Uninstaller
Applications and Attributes is not the finest uninstaller to clear away Norton Antivirus with as it does not erase all program residual information and registry entries. Those leftovers can produce installation concerns for replacement antivirus utilities. As these kinds of, there are a lot of 3rd-occasion uninstaller program that also erase leftover information and registry entries. A ton of customers use Revo Uninstaller, but Advanced Uninstaller Professional 12 also carefully gets rid of program.
- To clear away Norton Antivirus with Advanced Uninstaller Professional 1 2, simply click Try for free on the software’s webpage.
- Put in Advanced Uninstaller Professional 12 with the software’s set up wizard.
- Start Advanced Uninstaller Professional, and simply click Standard Applications > Uninstall Applications on the software’s home windows.
- Decide on Norton Antivirus on the Uninstall Applications window, and simply click the Uninstall button.
- An Advanced Uninstaller Professional 12 dialog box window opens requesting affirmation to clear away the picked software. Decide on the Use the leftover scanner selection to clear away the program and erase leftovers.
- Then simply click the Certainly button to ensure.
- Thereafter, an Application uninstall window opens that shows program leftovers. Decide on to erase all the leftovers, and press the Next button.
- Push the Performed button.
- Shut Advanced Uninstaller Professional, and restart Windows.
— Connected: How to uninstall Windows ten Update Assistant
4. Uninstall Norton Antivirus in Protected Manner
Some Norton Antivirus customers have mentioned they just cannot uninstall that program with possibly Applications and Attributes or the Norton Removing and Reinstall utility. If customers just cannot uninstall Norton Antivirus the normal way, check out removing the antivirus utility in Windows 10’s Protected Manner. This is how customers can clear away program in Protected Manner.
- 1st, hold the Shift important and select the Restart selection on Windows 10’s Start off menu.
- Then customers can select a Troubleshoot selection just after Windows reboots.
- Next, select Advanced choices to open up even more choices.
- Decide on Startup Settings, and then press the Restart button.
- After the restart, press the 4 important to select Help Protected Manner.
- Then customers can clear away Norton Antivirus in Protected Manner through Applications and Attributes.
- Restart Windows ten just after removing Norton Antivirus in Protected Manner.
five. Nevertheless Can not Uninstall Norton Antivirus? Operate the Uninstall troubleshooter
Users who just cannot clear away Norton Antivirus with any of the strategies should really check out out the Application Put in and Uninstall troubleshooter. That troubleshooter fixes concerns that end packages uninstalling. This is how customers can deal with Norton Antivirus with that troubleshooter.
- Click Obtain on the troubleshooter’s webpage to download it.
- Proper-simply click MicrosoftProgram_Put in_and_Uninstall.meta and select Operate as administrator to open up the troubleshooter’s window shown below.
- Push the Next button.
- Decide on the Uninstalling selection.
- Then select Norton Antivirus on the program listing.
- Click Next to go by way of the troubleshooter’s proposed resolutions.
So customers can uninstall Norton Antivirus with Applications and Attributes, 3rd-occasion program, and the Norton Clear away and Reinstall tool. Alternatively, customers can clear away Norton Antivirus through the Command Prompt with the wmic product exactly where “description=’program name’ ” uninstall command. Users can also uninstall the antivirus utility with Technique Restore by selecting a restore issue that predates the day the program was put in.
Connected Article content TO Check OUT: