With the start of AMD’s hotly-anticipated Ryzen 3rd Era processors just all around the corner – the new CPUs are anticipated to be formally unveiled this Wednesday, January nine at AMD’s CES 2019 conference – Intel has now utilized its CES celebration to lastly announce it really is including six more 9th-gen Core processors, ranging from Core i3 to Core i9, set to release before long.
The new processors join the firm’s 3 existing ‘flagship’ ninth-technology desktop chips, which released in Oct previous calendar year – the Core i5-9600K, i7-9700K and i9-9900K – as well as the ninth-technology X-collection for HEDT units.
Intel’s didn’t formally announce entire aspects of these new processors, but we have been capable to dig up facts on all six of them by searching for these product names in Intel’s ARK product databases:
- Intel Core i3-9350KF: four-cores, four-threads, no integrated graphics, clocked at four.0GHz to four.6GHz
- Intel Core i5-9400: six-cores, six-threads, Intel UHD Graphics 630, clocked at 2.9GHz to four.1GHz
- Intel Core i5-9400F: six-cores, six-threads, no integrated graphics, clocked at 2.9GHz to four.1GHz
- Intel Core i5-9600KF: six-cores, six-threads, no integrated graphics, clocked at 3.7GHz to four.1GHz
- Intel Core i7-9700KF: eight-cores, eight-threads, no integrated graphics, clocked at 3.6GHz to four.9GHz
- Intel Core i9-9900KF: eight-cores, sixteen-threads, no integrated graphics, clocked at 3.6GHz to five.0GHz
What is maybe most intriguing about them is that five of the six new chips look to be aspect of a manufacturer new F-collection of processors, which have eradicated the integrated graphics – most likely in an endeavor to lessen the price.
To some degree incredibly, Intel didn’t expressly point out the F-collection or these new GPU-significantly less processors at its press conference. It would seem the new line-up is most likely aimed at tackling AMD’s Ryzen family of processors, which mostly supply improved bang for buck than their Intel equivalents.
With numerous mid-selection and greater-conclude PCs continue to coming equipped with a focused graphics card, Intel’s integrated chips often go to waste, so providing a selection of less costly, GPU-significantly less processors could enable Intel get again some of the value-oriented industry phase that it really is recently been getting rid of to AMD.
We’ve questioned Intel for affirmation of these aspects and for a remark on the F-collection, and will update this tale with further more facts as it comes to hand.