Keyboard and Mouse Not Working after Windows 10 Update
6 remedies to deal with keyboard and mouse challenges on Laptop
- 1 What to do if your keyboard and mouse stopped doing the job
- 1.1 Solution one – Get rid of prior updates
- 1.2 Solution 2 – Disable USB three. help from BIOS
- 1.3 Solution three – Use a various USB port
- 1.4 Solution 4 – Update your keyboard/ mouse motorists
- 1.5 Solution five – Operate the Hardware and Gadgets troubleshooter
- 1.6 Solution 6 – Clean up boot your laptop or computer
- Get rid of prior updates
- Disable USB three. help from BIOS
- Use a various USB port
- Update your keyboard/ mouse motorists
- Operate the Hardware and Gadgets troubleshooter
- Clean up boot your laptop or computer
Upgrading to Home windows ten is not often a smooth process, and often there could be some challenges. Just one of the most bothersome challenges with Home windows ten is that the keyboard and mouse no lengthier function soon after the update to Home windows ten.
In accordance to buyers, there’s an terrible situation with Home windows ten that stops your keyboard and mouse from doing the job soon after you update to Home windows ten.
As considerably as we can tell, this situation is most widespread with USB peripherals, so here’s what can you do about it. Just before we start off, make guaranteed that you join PS/2 keyboard and mouse to your laptop or computer.
What to do if your keyboard and mouse stopped doing the job
Solution one – Get rid of prior updates
In some cases Home windows update can make far more hurt than good, and in the earlier it has acknowledged that optional updates these types of as KB2913431 can induce some challenges.
To take away an update that is producing you issues, do the next:
- Open Command Panel and to go Programs, click on Programs and Options. Now go to Perspective set up capabilities.
- Now you require to uncover the update that is producing you this situation.
- If the problem started just lately it’s in all probability the latest set up update that is producing the situation. So you require to click on Uninstall to take away it.
Also, be ready to enter your administrator password if you are requested to.
— Linked: Here’s how to deal with a corrupted keyboard driver in Home windows ten
Solution 2 – Disable USB three. help from BIOS
While booting press Del or F8, the critical could change depending on the motherboard manufacturer, to enter BIOS.
While in BIOS, you require to navigate to Superior configurations, identify USB configuration and disable USB three help. Relying on your manufacturer, you could have to choose various route to disable USB three help. Save and exit.
Solution three – Use a various USB port
Your laptop or computer will now restart and if keyboard and mouse aren’t doing the job consider plugging them in into various USB ports.
Solution 4 – Update your keyboard/ mouse motorists
If your keyboard or mouse commences doing the job, go to Configurations -> Machine Supervisor. Find the USB controllers with exclamation mark future to them, disable and help them once more, and all the things ought to start off doing the job commonly.
Solution five – Operate the Hardware and Gadgets troubleshooter
Due to the fact this problem is relevant to your peripherals, you can also run the Hardware and Gadgets troubleshooter to deal with it. With the help of this device, your laptop or computer will immediately scan your keyboard and mouse for challenges and maintenance them on the place.
To run the troubleshooter, go to Configurations > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > identify the Hardware and Gadgets troubleshooter and launch it.
Solution 6 – Clean up boot your laptop or computer
Specific applications and systems might interfere with your keyboard and mouse. As a outcome, your mouse might transfer by itself, your keyboard might freeze and so on. To deal with this problem, you can merely clean boot your equipment.
- Go to Start off > style msconfig > strike Enter
- Navigate to Procedure Configuration > Products and services > Cover all Microsoft services> click on Disable all.
- Go to the Startup tab > Open Task Supervisor.
- Choose every single startup product > click on Disable.
- Restart your laptop or computer.
If you have any other Home windows ten-relevant challenges you can examine for the solution in our Home windows ten Correct area.
Linked GUIDES TO Examine OUT:
Editor’s Notice: This publish was initially published in August 2015 and has been considering that up to date for freshness, and accuracy.