Nslookup works but ping fails on Windows 10, 8.1, 7
Some customers claimed that nslookup is effective but ping fails on their Computer. In case you’re not common, these are two instructions that innovative customers might use, and these days we’re going to clearly show you how to resolve this concern.
Not becoming in a position to use the ping functionality can be a problem, and speaking of this concern, here are some related troubles that customers claimed:
- Nslookup resolves IP but ping does not – At times this concern can be prompted by your antivirus or firewall, so possibly you must change your configurations and look at if that solves the problem.
- Nslookup is effective traceroute fails – If you encounter this problem, possibly the concern is connected to particular services. Basically restart them and the concern must be resolved.
- Nslookup can not take care of ping is effective -This problem can seem for many reasons, and if you encounter it, be sure to try out some of our alternatives.
Nslookup is effective but ping fails, how to resolve it?
- 1 Nslookup is effective but ping fails, how to resolve it?
- 1.1 Resolution one – Check out your antivirus
- 1.2 Resolution two – Use Command Prompt
- 1.3 Resolution three – Restart the DNS Shopper provider
- 1.4 Resolution 4 – Incorporate a dot after a area
- 1.5 Resolution five – Restart the DNS Cache provider
- 1.6 Resolution six – Transform the IPv4 configurations
- 1.7 Resolution 7 – Switch to Google DNS
- 1.8 Resolution eight – Check out your hosts file
- 1.9 Resolution 9 – Disable IPv6
- 1.10 Resolution ten – Update your drivers
- Check out your antivirus
- Use Command Prompt
- Restart the DNS Shopper provider
- Incorporate a dot after a area
- Restart the DNS Cache provider
- Transform the IPv4 configurations
- Switch to Google DNS
- Check out your hosts file
- Disable IPv6
- Update your drivers
Resolution one – Check out your antivirus
According to customers, if nslookup is effective but ping fails, the problem might be connected to your antivirus. Several customers claimed challenges with Kaspersky and its firewall characteristic, and in purchase to resolve the problem, it’s advised to disable the firewall in Kaspersky and look at if that solves the concern.
Bear in thoughts that other antivirus applications and characteristics can bring about this problem as very well, so even if you really do not use Kaspersky, you must look at your antivirus configurations and try out disabling particular characteristics. If the problem is still there, possibly you can resolve it by disabling your antivirus altogether.
In some scenarios, the only way to resolve this problem might be to get rid of your antivirus. Even if you pick out to get rid of your antivirus, you must know that your method will be safeguarded by Windows Defender, so you really do not have to fret also a great deal about your protection.
At the time you get rid of your antivirus, look at if the problem is still there. If the concern doesn’t seem after taking away your antivirus, possibly you must take into consideration switching to a distinct antivirus option. There are a lot of fantastic antivirus applications on the market place, and if you want a reliable antivirus that will not interfere with your method, we recommend you try out out Bitdefender.
Resolution two – Use Command Prompt
At times this problem can come about thanks to a momentary glitch on your method. If nslookup is effective but ping fails, you might be in a position to resolve the problem just by jogging a pair of instructions. To do that, just stick to these measures:
- Press Windows Key + X to open Acquire + X menu. Now pick out Command Prompt (Admin) or PowerShell (Admin) from the checklist.
- When Command Prompt opens, operate the adhering to instructions:
- netsh winsock reset catalog
- netsh int ip reset reset.log
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /registerdns
- route /f
Following jogging these instructions, look at if the problem is resolved.
Resolution three – Restart the DNS Shopper provider
If nslookup is effective but ping fails, the problem might be just one of your services. Several customers declare that DNS Shopper provider was the problem, and in purchase to resolve the concern, you require to restart this provider. This is in fact quite straightforward to do, and you can do it by adhering to these measures:
- Press Windows Key + R to open the Operate dialog. Now enter services.msc and push Enter or simply click Okay.
- Identify DNS Shopper, right-simply click it and pick out Halt. Hold out for a pair of moments, right-simply click the DNS Shopper again and pick out Start out from the menu.
If you can not prevent the provider, the problem is the dependent services. DNS Shopper provider relies upon on particular services, and right up until people services are stopped, you will not be in a position to prevent the DNS Shopper provider. To come across out on which services DNS Shopper relies upon on, do the adhering to:
- In the Products and services window track down DNS Shopper and double-simply click it to open its qualities.
- Head about to the Dependencies tab and there you must be in a position to see the services that DNS Shopper relies upon on.
- Halt these services and then you must be in a position to prevent DNS Shopper as very well.
- At the time you restart DNS Shopper provider, be sure to restart the services that DNS consumer relies upon on.
This might be a little bit difficult option, particularly if you require to disable dependent services, but as extended as you cautiously stick to the guidelines, you must be in a position to manage.
Resolution 4 – Incorporate a dot after a area
This is an abnormal workaround, but it is effective according to customers. If nslookup is effective but ping fails, possibly you can resolve the problem just by including a dot after the area.
For illustration, if you formerly employed ping windowsreport command, try out making use of ping windowsreport. command and look at if that is effective. This is a straightforward minor workaround, but a lot of customers claimed that it is effective for them, so truly feel cost-free to try out it out.
Resolution five – Restart the DNS Cache provider
As we formerly mentioned, occasionally these types of challenges can come about thanks to particular services. If nslookup is effective but ping fails, the problem is most likely the DNS Cache provider, and in purchase to resolve it, you just require to restart it. To do this speedily, just stick to these measures:
- Start out Command Prompt as administrator.
- When Command Prompt commences, operate the adhering to instructions:
- web prevent dnscache
- web begin dnscache
Following jogging these two instructions, the DNS Cache provider will restart and the problem must be resolved.
Resolution six – Transform the IPv4 configurations
If nslookup is effective but ping fails on your Computer, the problem might be connected to your IP configurations. To resolve the problem, it’s advised that you make a pair of variations to your IPv4 configurations. You can do that by adhering to these measures:
- Click on the community icon on your Taskbar and pick out your community from the menu.
- Click on Transform adapter possibilities in the right pane.
- List of all community connections will now seem. Appropriate-simply click your community connection and pick out Homes from the menu.
- Select World-wide-web Protocol Model 4 (TCP/IPv4) from the checklist and simply click the Homes button.
- Now simply click the Sophisticated button.
- Go to the DNS tab and choose Append these DNS suffixes (in purchase). Now simply click the Incorporate button.
- When the new window seems, enter . as the Area suffix and simply click Incorporate. Preserve variations.
Following performing that, the problem must be resolved and everything will begin functioning again.
Resolution 7 – Switch to Google DNS
In case the problem is still there, the concern might be your DNS. According to customers, if nslookup is effective but ping fails, the problem can be connected to the DNS, but you can resolve the concern by switching to Google’s DNS. To do that, just stick to these measures:
- Repeat Ways one – 4 from the past option.
- Select Use the adhering to DNS server addresses. Enter eight.eight.eight.eight as the Preferred and eight.eight.4.4 as the Alternate DNS server. Click on Okay to save variations.
Following performing that, look at if the problem is still there. Bear in thoughts that switching to the Google DNS might slow down your World-wide-web connection a little bit, so keep that in thoughts.
Resolution eight – Check out your hosts file
If the problem is still there, the concern can be your hosts file. If nslookup is effective but ping fails, it’s probable that the hosts file was edited by a malware or yet another application, and that can bring about this and related troubles to seem.
To resolve the problem, it’s advised to look at your hosts file and make sure that everything is in purchase. Essentially, if you see the web site you’re hoping to ping on the checklist, it implies that the hosts documents was modified.
Basically get rid of the entries pointing to the web site you’re hoping to ping and you’re good to go. If you really do not know how to do that, you can constantly reset the hosts file and that must resolve the problem.
Resolution 9 – Disable IPv6
In case you’re not common, there are two kinds of IP addresses, IPv4 and IPv6. The latter is the more recent standard, but if you are not particularly making use of IPv6, possibly you can disable this characteristic.
As it turns out, a number of customers claimed that nslookup is effective but ping fails thanks to IPv6, so let’s disable it and look at if that can help. To disable IPv6, do the adhering to:
- Observe Ways one-three from Resolution six.
- Identify World-wide-web Protocol Model six (TCP/IPv6) on the checklist and uncheck it. Now simply click Implement and Okay to save variations.
Following disabling IPv6, look at if the problem is still there.
Resolution ten – Update your drivers
If nslookup is effective but ping fails on your Computer, it’s probable that the concern is connected to your drivers. At times your drivers might be out of day, and that can lead to this and a lot of other troubles. Nevertheless, you can resolve the concern just by downloading the most up-to-date drivers and putting in them.
To do that, you just require to go to your community adapter’s web site and download the most up-to-date drivers for your model. Following you download and install the most up-to-date drivers, the problem must be resolved.
If this method seems a little bit difficult to you, possibly you must take into consideration making use of 3rd-social gathering applications this sort of as TweakBit Driver Updater and update your drivers with just a one simply click.
Not becoming in a position to ping a particular gadget or an IP address can be a problem, but we hope that you solved the concern making use of just one of our alternatives.