The requested URL could not be retrieved error on Windows 10, 8.1, 7
The asked for URL could not be retrieved message can from time to time surface and bring about troubles when making an attempt to check out sure internet websites. This can be a large problem, and in today’s report we’ll exhibit you how to correct it.
The asked for URL could not be retrieved error can be quite problematic, and speaking of this error, listed here are some comparable challenges that customers claimed:
- The asked for URL could not be retrieved Chrome, Online Explorer, Firefox – This message can surface in virtually any browser, and if this takes place, be positive to turn off the proxy in your browser.
- The asked for URL could not be retrieved accessibility denied – According to customers, this message can from time to time surface due to your antivirus or firewall, so be positive to test your security settings if you come upon this message.
- The asked for URL could not be retrieved when making an attempt to retrieve the URL, connection reset by peer – In some cases this problem can manifest due to network glitches, even so, you can correct the problem by restarting your modem/router.
- The asked for URL could not be retrieved proxy, VPN – Your proxy is one more bring about for this problem, and if you come upon it, be positive to disable proxy settings on your Pc.
The asked for URL could not be retrieved, how to correct it?
- 1 The asked for URL could not be retrieved, how to correct it?
- 1.1 Alternative 1 – Check your antivirus
- 1.2 Alternative 2 – Disable your proxy
- 1.3 Alternative three – Disable Windows Firewall
- 1.4 Alternative four – Restart your router/modem
- 1.5 Alternative five – Use Command Prompt
- 1.6 Alternative 6 – Accomplish a Clean boot
- 1.7 Alternative 7 – Set up the most up-to-date updates
- Check your antivirus
- Disable your proxy
- Disable Windows Firewall
- Restart your router/modem
- Use Command Prompt
- Accomplish a Clean boot
- Set up the most up-to-date updates
Alternative 1 – Check your antivirus
Typically The asked for URL could not be retrieved error occurs due to your antivirus. In some cases your antivirus can interfere with your Online connection, and that can direct to this and numerous other faults.
To correct this problem, it is suggested that you test your antivirus settings. In some cases sure antivirus characteristics can interfere with your technique, so you may well have to disable them in purchase to correct this challenge. An additional characteristic that you have to test is your firewall.
A lot of antivirus instruments occur with a built-in firewall, and in purchase to correct this problem you need to make positive that the firewall isn’t interfering with your technique. If you can’t configure your firewall effectively, you can disable it temporarily and test if which is the problem.
In circumstance the challenge is however there, you may well have to wholly disable your antivirus or get rid of it. If taking away the antivirus solves the problem, you should really take into account switching to a different antivirus option. Bitdefender delivers great safety, and it won’t interfere with your technique in any way, so if you’re on the lookout for a new antivirus, be positive to test Bitdefender.
– Get now Bitdefender (35% discount readily available)
Alternative 2 – Disable your proxy
According to customers, The asked for URL could not be retrieved message can surface from time to time due to your proxy. While proxy is a respectable way to safeguard your privacy on-line, from time to time challenges with it can manifest.
To correct the problem, you need to disable proxy in your browser. To do that, just observe these actions:
- Click on the Menu icon in the best-proper corner and pick out Choices from the menu.
- When the Tastes tab opens, scroll all the way down to the Network Proxy and click on the Settings button.
- Set Configure Proxy Access to the Online to No proxy or to Use technique proxy settings. Click on Okay to preserve improvements.
Maintain in intellect that these recommendations are for Firefox, but if you’re making use of a different browser, the procedure should really be reasonably exact same. Following disabling the proxy, you just need to disable it on your technique. To do that, observe these actions:
- Push Windows Crucial + I to open up the Settings application. Now navigate to the Network & Online portion.
- Decide on Proxy from the remaining pane. In the proper pane, disable all selections.
Following executing that, the proxy should really be wholly disabled from your Pc and the problem will be solved. If you however want to safeguard your identification on-line, a VPN these as CyberGhost VPN is ordinarily a superior option than a proxy, so you may well want to try it out.
Alternative three – Disable Windows Firewall
An additional bring about for The asked for URL could not be retrieved error can be Windows Firewall. Even if you disable the firewall in your antivirus, Windows Firewall should really however be working, and from time to time it may well interfere with your technique.
To correct this problem, it is suggested to temporarily disable Windows Firewall and test if that solves the problem. This is quite easy to do, and you can do it by subsequent these actions:
- In the Lookup bar type firewall. Decide on Windows Defender Firewall from the record.
- Windows Defender Firewall window will now surface. Decide on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off from the menu on the remaining.
- Now you need to pick out Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not advised) for both of those Non-public and Public networks. And finally, click on Okay button to preserve improvements.
Now Windows Firewall should really be disabled. If every thing will work effectively immediately after disabling Windows Firewall, empower it the moment again and try to find which placing is creating the challenge.
Alternative four – Restart your router/modem
In some situations The asked for URL could not be retrieved message can surface due to sure glitches with your router/modem. If which is the circumstance, we recommend you to turn off your modem and router by urgent the Ability button on every single product.
Following you turn off both of those gadgets, hold out for about 30 seconds and electric power them again on. Hold out for the gadgets to boot wholly. Following both of those gadgets boot, test if the problem is however there.
A number of customers claimed that this system labored for them, so truly feel no cost to try it out.
Alternative five – Use Command Prompt
If the preceding option didn’t do the job for you, and you’re however having The asked for URL could not be retrieved message, then you may well be equipped to correct the problem simply by working a pair of instructions in Command Prompt. This is quite easy to do, and you can do it by subsequent these actions:
- Correct-click on the Start out button to open up Get + X menu. Now pick out Command Prompt (Admin) or PowerShell (Admin) from the record.
- When Command Prompt opens, operate the subsequent instructions:
- ipconfig /launch
- ipconfig /renew
Following executing that, you should really have a new IP deal with and the challenge should really be solved. For best results, be positive to use this option immediately after restarting your router.
Alternative 6 – Accomplish a Clean boot
If you hold having The asked for URL could not be retrieved error message, the problem may well be a person of your applications. In some cases 3rd-get together applications can interfere with your technique and that can direct to this and numerous other faults.
To reduce this error from appearing, you may well have to conduct a Clean boot and disable all startup applications. This is quite easy to do, and you can do it by subsequent these actions:
- Push Windows Crucial + R. Now enter msconfig in the enter industry and click on Okay or press Enter.
- You should really now see the Process Configuration window. Head more than to the Expert services tab and test Hide all Microsoft solutions option. Now click on the Disable all button.
- Following disabling the startup solutions, go to the Startup tab and click on Open up Activity Manager.
- You should really now see all startup applications in Activity Manager. Correct-click on the initially software on the record and pick out Disable from the menu. Do this for all startup applications.
- Once you disable all startup applications, go again to the Process Configuration window. Click on Apply and Okay to preserve improvements and restart your Pc.
Once your Pc restarts, test if the problem is however there. If the challenge doesn’t surface, then it is surely caused by a person of your applications or solutions. To pinpoint the bring about of the problem, you need to empower solutions and applications a person by a person or in teams until finally you manage to recreate the problem.
Once you find the problematic software, it is suggested to get rid of it from your Pc. There are numerous approaches to do that, but if you want to get rid of the software wholly along with all of its information and registry entries we endorse making use of uninstaller software program. If you want a good uninstaller software program, we strongly advise that you try out Revo Uninstaller.
Alternative 7 – Set up the most up-to-date updates
In some situations, The asked for URL could not be retrieved message can surface due to sure glitches on your technique. Problems with Windows can surface, and the best way to deal with them is to install the most up-to-date updates.
Windows installs the lacking updates automatically for the most part, but you can generally test for updates manually by executing the subsequent:
- Open up the Settings application and navigate to the Update & Protection portion.
- In the proper pane, click on Check for updates button. If any updates are readily available, Windows will obtain them automatically and install them the moment you restart your Pc.
Once your technique is up to date, test if the problem is however there.
The asked for URL could not be retrieved message can reduce you from accessing sure internet websites, but we hope that you solved the problem immediately after reading through this report.
Go through ALSO: