This is how you can fix Windows 10 ODBC issues
ODBC is rather beneficial for application accessibility routines, in particular for professional users. And, seemingly, there are a plethora of difficulties for Windows 10 users who either moved from Windows seven or upgraded their Windows 10 model to the newest launch.
If you are just one of them and having certain difficulties with ODBC on Windows 10, verify the options down below.
How to take care of ODBC difficulties on Windows 10
- Remove SMBv1 and enable SMBv2/SMBv3)
- Verify Windows Firewall and Windows Defender
- Update drivers
- Rollback to the prior Windows model
Resolution 1 – Remove SMBv1 and enable SMBv2/SMBv3)
Some users solved the dilemma by disabling SMBv1 and enabling SMBv2 or SMBv3. This can be carried out in various ways, starting up with the PowerShell or Registry Editor. The latter way is more quickly and far more very simple but could affect your Pc negatively if misused. So, before following the methods down below, make absolutely sure to again up your registry.
Here’s how to disable SMBv1 and enable SMBv2/SMBv3:
- In the Windows Research bar, variety regedit and open up Registry Editor.
- Navigate to ComputerHKEY_Regional_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesLanmanServerParameters.
- Correct-simply click on the vacant room and generate new Dword, title it SMB1, and established its value to .
- Correct-simply click on the vacant room and generate new Dword, title it SMB2, and established its value to 1.
- Exit Registry Editor and restart your Pc.
Do this on each individual afflicted machine and never ignore to reboot it in buy for changes to be utilized.
Resolution two – Verify Windows Firewall and Windows Defender
Some users managed to resolve the dilemma by only whitelisting or temporarily disabling Windows Firewall and enabling Windows Defender. This is a extensive-shot answer, but it is truly worth a try. If you already have a 3rd-bash antivirus, try combining it with the native antivirus.
Following that, reboot your machine and try accessing ODBC application all over again.
Resolution 3 – Update drivers
In circumstance you are functioning a 32bit Office environment on a 64bit machine more than ODBC, you’ll require some reconfiguring in buy to stay clear of driver faults. Or, fairly, accessing the ODBC32 model as an alternative of the standard 64bit existing on the x64 architecture.
Here’s where to come across it and how to operate it:
- Navigate to C:WindowssysWOW64odbcad32.exe and operate it. It’s the 32bit ODBC Facts Supply Administrator.
- Try out applying drivers all over again.
- Following you have utilized drivers, restart your Pc.
Resolution 4 – Rollback to the prior Windows model
As several of the afflicted users mentioned, the dilemma emerged following they updated Windows 10 to the model 1803. The exact same can be utilized to 1809. And, as an alternative of waiting around for Microsoft to address ODBC difficulties in their current launch, we fairly counsel rolling again to the prior model where the services was entirely functional.
Here’s how to roll to a prior model of Windows 10:
- Open up Options.
- Pick Update & Security.
- Select Restoration from the left pane.
- Click on “Go again to the prior model of Windows 10“.
- Click on Get commenced and stick to directions.
Related Stories YOU Should Verify OUT: