WD My Passport Ultra is not detected in Windows 10
What to do if Home windows ten doesn’t detect WD Passport Ultra HDD
- 1 How to Fix WD My Passport Ultra not Detected
- 1.1 one. Hook up the Travel With Option USB Cable
- 1.2 two. Open up the Components and Products Troubleshooter
- 1.3 3. Plug the My Passport Ultra HDD into the laptop or desktop
- 1.4 four. Regulate the Path and Travel Letter for WD My Passport Ultra
- 1.5 five. Test the Drive’s File Method With EaseUS Partition Supervisor
- 1.6 six. Update USB Controller and WD My Passport Ultra Product Drivers
- Hook up the Travel With Option USB Cable
- Open up the Components and Products Troubleshooter
- Plug the My Passport Ultra HDD into the laptop or desktop
- Regulate the Path and Travel Letter for WD My Passport Ultra
- Test the Drive’s File Method With EaseUS Partition Supervisor
- Update USB Controller and WD My Passport Ultra Product Drivers
WD My Passport Ultra is an external challenging push that users can utilize with Home windows ten desktops and laptops. On the other hand, some users have stated that their linked desktops and laptops never detect the WD My Passport Ultra drives.
Consequently, the push is not identified and doesn’t surface in Home windows ten File Explorer. These are a couple of possible resolutions that may possibly resolve WD My Passport Ultra when it is not detected.
How to Fix WD My Passport Ultra not Detected
one. Hook up the Travel With Option USB Cable
To start with, consider connecting My Passport Ultra to the desktop or laptop with an alternative USB cable. It may possibly be the scenario that the USB cable is defective. If so, altering the cable will likely resolve the problem.
In addition, connect the My Passport Ultra push with an alternative USB slot. Some users have stated that the push is identified when they connect it by means of USB two. slots, but it is not detected when linked with USB 3. ports. So the problem may possibly be because of to 1 of the USB controllers.
two. Open up the Components and Products Troubleshooter
The Components and Products troubleshooter detects and fixes external hardware concerns. So which is a troubleshooter worthy of noting when a device is not identified. This is how users can open up that troubleshooter inside of Home windows.
— Associated: 5 most effective external challenging push recovery software package to use in 2019
3. Plug the My Passport Ultra HDD into the laptop or desktop
- Open up the Cortana application by urgent the Variety here to look for button on the taskbar.
- Enter the search term ‘troubleshoot’ in the look for box.
- Click on Troubleshoot to open up a listing of troubleshooters listed inside of Options.
- Then choose Components and Products and push the Operate the troubleshooter button.
- The troubleshooter will open up and may possibly give a resolve for the My Passport Ultra HDD. Press the Use this resolve button to implement prompt resolutions.
four. Regulate the Path and Travel Letter for WD My Passport Ultra
- Home windows may possibly detect My Passport Ultra when users change its push letter and route. To do that, Open up the Operate dialog by urgent the Home windows essential + R hotkey.
- Enter ‘diskmgmt.msc’ in Operate, and simply click the Ok button.
- Up coming, right-simply click the WD My Passport Ultra push on the Disk Administration window and choose the Change Travel Letter and Paths option.
- To assign a push letter, simply click Increase and choose the Assign the next push letter option. Then choose a push letter from the drop-down menu.
- Alternatively, users can simply click the Change button to choose an alternative push letter.
- Then push the Ok button to implement the new push letter.
- Restart Home windows ten after modifying the push letter.
— Associated: External USB push not showing up on Personal computer: ten methods to resolve this problem
five. Test the Drive’s File Method With EaseUS Partition Supervisor
The file procedure on the My Passport Ultra push may possibly be corrupted. Customers can look at for and resolve corrupted procedure data files with the EaseUS Partition Master software package. Click on Totally free Obtain on the software’s webpage to incorporate the freeware EaseUS partition software package to Home windows.
Soon after setting up the software package, plug the My Passport Ultra HDD into the desktop or laptop. Open up EaseUS Partition Master and right-simply click the My Passport Ultra push to choose Test File Method. A Test File Method window will then open up. Click on the Start button to look at the file procedure.
six. Update USB Controller and WD My Passport Ultra Product Drivers
Refreshing device motorists typically fixes devices that aren’t identified. In this scenario, users may possibly need to have to update USB controller or the My Passport Ultra motorists. Driver updater software package give a swift and uncomplicated way to scan for antiquated or corrupted motorists that need to have updating.
Driver Booster six detects and updates tens of millions of motorists. So which is 1 of the most effective software package for updating motorists. Click on the Totally free Obtain button below to save the installer that users can put in Driver Booster six with.
When users launch Driver Booster six, it will scan for and listing motorists that need to have updating or changing. The software package lists motorists as outdated, lacking, or defective. It may possibly listing USB controllers or the My Passport Ultra HDD as devices with motorists that need to have updating. Press the Update Now button to update the motorists.
If none of the higher than resolutions resolve WD My Passport Ultra when it is not detected, the push may possibly need to have fixing. My Passport Ultra will come with a three-12 months warranty. As these kinds of, users can return the external challenging push to Western Digital for possible repairs inside of that warranty interval.
Associated Content articles TO Test OUT: