What to do when Userdata.dll is missing in Windows 10
Methods to address userdata.dll problems
- 1 How to fix userdata.dll challenges
- 1.1 Resolution 1: Run a Procedure File Checker Scan
- 1.2 Resolution two: Scan the Registry With CCleaner
- 1.3 Resolution 3: Take away Systems From the Windows Startup
- 1.4 Resolution 4: Roll Back again Windows With Procedure Restore
- 1.5 Resolution five: Update Device Drivers
- 1.6 Resolution six: Reinstall the Software program
- 1.7 Resolution 7: Get a New Userdata.dll File
- 1.8 Resolution eight: Increase DLL Fixer Software program to Windows
- Run a Procedure File Checker Scan
- Scan the Registry With CCleaner
- Take away Systems From the Windows Startup
- Roll Back again Windows With Procedure Restore
- Update Device Drivers
- Reinstall the Software program
- Get a New Userdata.dll File
- Increase DLL Fixer Software program to Windows
Userdata is a shared DLL (Dynamic Link Library) program file that some software need to operate. Some customers have said that a userdata.dll error message pops up each time they start Windows. A userdata.dll error message may possibly also pop up when you try out to manually open up a certain plan.
The userdata.dll error message states: This application failed to start since userdata.dll was not observed. Reinstalling the application may well fix this issue.
That error message commonly pops up when the userdata.dll is either missing or corrupted in someway. Consequently, software that need the userdata file simply cannot accessibility it. The exact same error message can pop up for other DLL files, and the fixes for it are very comparable. This is how you can fix the userdata.dll is missing error message in Windows ten.
How to fix userdata.dll challenges
Resolution 1: Run a Procedure File Checker Scan
As userdata is a DLL program file, the Procedure File Checker may possibly fix the missing userdata.dll error. Procedure File Checker is a command-line utility that scans for program file corruption. SFC doesn’t constantly fix corrupted files, but it’s value a shot however. You can initiate an SFC scan in the Command Prompt as follows.
- Press the Kind below to search button on the taskbar to open up Cortana.
- Enter ‘Command Prompt’ in the search box.
- Ideal-simply click Command Prompt and decide on Run as administrator to open up its window.
- Up coming, enter ‘DISM.exe /On the internet /Cleanup-picture /Restorehealth’ in the Prompt and push Return in advance of you initiate the SFC scan.
- Then input ‘sfc /scannow’ in the Prompt, and push the Enter critical.
- Restart Windows if Windows Useful resource Protection does fix corrupted files.
— Linked: How to fix a corrupt bootres.dll file in Windows ten
Resolution two: Scan the Registry With CCleaner
The userdata.dll error message can also be thanks to invalid userdata registry entries. So scanning the registry with a respected utility may possibly fix the userdata.dll error message. The freeware CCleaner version is amongst the foremost registry cleaners. You can fix registry entries with CCleaner as follows.
- Click the environmentally friendly Download button on this webpage to save CCleaner’s setup wizard to really hard drive.
- Open CCleaner’s installer to put in the registry cleaner.
- Click Registry on the left of CCleaner’s window to open up the registry cleaner.
- Find all the registry examine packing containers, and push the Scan for Issues button.
- Click the Take care of selected Issues button.
- A dialog box will open up wherever you can decide on to back up the registry. Despite the fact that you possibly won’t need it, decide on the Certainly solution if you like to save a backup file.
- Press the Take care of All Picked Issues button to fix the registry.
Resolution 3: Take away Systems From the Windows Startup
Some Lenovo laptop customers have reported that the userdata.dll error message pops up when they start-up Windows. They fastened the situation by eradicating the Lenovo Password Supervisor Pro and Fingerprint Reader applications. Therefore, it may possibly be the situation that a startup plan generates the error message. So eradicating software from the program startup is yet another opportunity fix for the userdata.dll error. This is how you can disable startup software in Windows ten.
- Open the Acquire + X menu with the Windows critical + X hotkey.
- Find Process Supervisor on the menu to open up the window in the snapshot instantly down below.
- Click the Get started-up tab proven instantly down below.
- Then you can take away applications from the Windows startup by picking out them and clicking Disable.
- Alternatively, you can strip down the Windows startup by deselecting the Load startup goods solution in Procedure Configuration. Press the Windows critical + R hotkey, enter ‘msconfig’ in Run and simply click Alright to open up the window proven down below.
- Then simply click the Selective startup radio button solution on the Common tab.
- Deselect the Load startup goods examine box.
- Click the Apply and Alright buttons.
- Click Restart on the Procedure Configuration dialog box that opens.
— Linked: Full Take care of: Autorun.dll problems in Windows ten, eight.1, 7
Resolution 4: Roll Back again Windows With Procedure Restore
Procedure Restore can occur in useful for fixing corrupted DLL files. With that utility, you can restore Windows ten to an before stage in time, which can fix corrupted program files. Procedure Restore may possibly fix the userdata.dll is missing error if you can decide on a restore stage that will restore Windows to a day when the DLL error message did not pop up on your laptop or desktop. This is how you can roll back Windows.
- To open up Procedure Restore, ideal-simply click the Get started menu and decide on Run.
- Enter ‘rstrui’ in Run’s Open text box and simply click Alright to open up Procedure Restore’s window.
- Click the Select a unique restore stage solution as an alternative to the encouraged restore.
- Press the Up coming button to open up the checklist of restore details.
- To view the entire restore checklist, simply click the Display far more restore details solution.
- Select a restore stage to roll Windows back to.
- Restoring Windows removes applications set up soon after a selected restore stage. You can push the Scan for impacted applications button to see what software is deleted for a certain restore stage.
- Click Up coming and Complete to roll back Windows.
Resolution five: Update Device Drivers
Some customers have said that updating hardware drivers fastened the userdata.dll is missing error. So updating out-of-date or corrupted drivers is yet another opportunity resolution for the userdata.dll error. However, it’s really hard to inform what drivers you will need to update. Your most effective guess is to increase software to Windows ten that will scan your drivers.
Driver Booster six is software that you can update AMD, Nvidia and Intel drivers with amongst other folks. You can increase the freeware version to Windows platforms by clicking Free of charge Download on this webpage. The software mechanically scans drivers and lists any that need updating when you launch it. Find the Out-of-date examine box, and simply click the Update Now button to update the drivers.
Resolution six: Reinstall the Software program
If the userdata error message pops up for a certain plan, reinstalling that software may possibly fix the error. The userdata.dll is missing error message states, “Reinstalling the application may well fix this issue.” So that is a single hint for fixing the DLL error. This is how you can reinstall the plan.
- Ideal-simply click the Get started button to open up the Acquire + X menu, and simply click Run on that menu.
- Enter ‘appwiz.cpl’ in Run and simply click Alright to open up the Management Panel applet proven instantly down below.
- Find the plan that returns the DLL error message, and simply click the Uninstall button.
- Click the Certainly button to confirm.
- Restart Windows soon after uninstalling the plan.
- Then reinstall the most current version of the software. You can commonly download the most current version from the software’s site.
— Linked: Full Take care of: Rundll32.exe error in Windows ten, eight.1, 7
Resolution 7: Get a New Userdata.dll File
If the userdata.dll file has been deleted, you can get a new a single from DLL-Files.com. DLL-Files.com is amongst the far more respected resources for DLL files. This is how you can get a new userdata file from that site.
- Open this webpage in your browser.
- Click Download to save the userdata.dll ZIP.
- Open the userdata ZIP in File Explorer.
- Press the Extract all button.
- Click Search to decide on a folder path to extract the ZIP to, and simply click the Extract button.
- Open the extracted userdata.dll folder in File Explorer.
- Find the userdata.dll file, and push the Copy to button.
- Find to copy it to the System32 folder.
- Then decide on the unique userdata.dll file in the folder you exacted it to, and push the Delete button.
- Restart your desktop or laptop.
- You may possibly also need to sign up the DLL file. To do so, push the Windows critical + X hotkey and decide on Command Prompt (Admin).
- Enter ‘regsvr32 userdata.dll’ in the Command Prompt’s window, and push the Return critical.
- Click Restart on the Get started menu.
Resolution eight: Increase DLL Fixer Software program to Windows
There are a lot of DLL fixer software for Windows that fix DLL problems. DLL Suite, DLL Tool, DLL Files Fixer and Free of charge DLL Fixer are some of the utilities that scan for and fix corrupted DLL files. They also include things like databases that you can get substitution DLL files from. As this sort of, people utilities may possibly occur in useful for fixing the userdata.dll is missing error. DLL Suite is retailing at $nine.ninety nine, and you can try out out an unregistered version of that software by clicking the Get started Download button on this page.
Those people are a few resolutions that will possibly fix the userdata.dll is missing error in Windows ten. Observe that some of the higher than resolutions may possibly also fix missing DLL error messages for other files.