Windows Update error 0x8007139f on Windows 10, 8.1, 7
Retaining Windows up to date is really critical, but in some cases you may well encounter Windows Update mistake 0x8007139f even though hoping to down load updates. This can be a huge trouble, and in today’s short article we’re likely to exhibit you how to take care of it.
Windows Update mistake 0x8007139f can go away your process susceptible, and talking of update errors, right here are some comparable troubles that people documented:
- Windows update mistake Windows 10, 8.1, 7 – Windows update errors can manifest on any version of Windows, and you must be in a position to take care of this mistake on nearly any version of Windows by applying just one of our remedies.
- Windows update mistake we couldn’t connect to the update services – This issue can manifest if your person account is corrupted, but you may well be in a position to take care of the issue simply just by creating a new person account.
- Windows update mistake services not operating – If the necessary products and services aren’t operating, you may well encounter this and comparable troubles. Nevertheless, you can clear up the trouble by resetting Windows Update components.
Windows Update mistake 0x8007139f, how to take care of it?
- 1 Windows Update mistake 0x8007139f, how to take care of it?
- 1.1 Remedy 1 – Examine your antivirus
- 1.2 Remedy two – Operate Windows Update troubleshooter
- 1.3 Remedy 3 – Operate SFC and DISM scans
- 1.4 Remedy four – Create a new person account
- 1.5 Remedy 5 – Reset Windows Update components
- 1.6 Remedy 6 – Complete a Procedure Restore
- 1.7 Remedy 7 – Consider to install the update manually
- 1.8 Remedy 8 – Complete an in-location upgrade
- Examine your antivirus
- Operate Windows Update troubleshooter
- Operate SFC and DISM scans
- Create a new person account
- Reset Windows Update components
- Complete a Procedure Restore
- Consider to install the update manually
- Complete an in-location upgrade
Remedy 1 – Examine your antivirus
The most important induce for mistake 0x8007139f can in some cases be your antivirus. Possessing a good antivirus is critical, but in some cases your antivirus can interfere with your process and avert you from downloading updates.
To take care of this issue, it’s advised to briefly disable certain antivirus attributes. In addition, you may well want to disable your antivirus completely and check if that solves your trouble. In situation the mistake information is however there, we advise you to uninstall your antivirus.
Windows 10 will come with its have antivirus in sort of Windows Defender, so even if you eliminate your antivirus, you will have at least some sort of security. If eliminating the antivirus solves your issue, you may well want to think about switching to a distinctive antivirus answer.
There are several excellent antivirus programs on the industry, but if you want highest security that will not interfere with your process in any way, you must think about applying Bitdefender.
Remedy two – Operate Windows Update troubleshooter
If you hold having Windows Update mistake 0x8007139f, you may well be in a position to clear up it simply just by operating the designed-in troubleshooter. Windows has several designed-in troubleshooters that can effortlessly take care of widespread problems quickly, and in buy to run Windows Update troubleshooter you just need to have to do the next:
- Open up the Options app. You can do that swiftly by applying Windows Key + I shortcut.
- Options app will now surface. Go to the Update & Stability area.
- Now select the Troubleshoot from the menu on the left. Select Windows Update from the listing and click the Operate the troubleshooter button.
- The troubleshoot wizard will now guideline you by means of the relaxation.
At the time the troubleshooter system is completed, check if the trouble is however there. Troubleshooter isn’t the most responsible answer, but it can in some cases enable you with these forms of problems, so be absolutely sure to check out it out.
Remedy 3 – Operate SFC and DISM scans
At times Windows Update mistake 0x8007139f can manifest due to file corruption. This can be a trouble, but you can take care of it commonly by operating an SFC scan. To conduct an SFC scan, you just have to do the next:
- Commence Command Prompt as an administrator. You can do that by urgent Windows Key + X and choosing Command Prompt (Admin) or PowerShell (Admin) from the listing.
- Now type sfc /scannow and push Enter to run it.
- The SFC scan will now get started. This scan can get about 15 minutes, so never interfere with it.
Right after the scan is concluded, check if the trouble persists. If you’re however having mistake 0x8007139f or if you aren’t in a position to run the SFC scan at all, you must check out applying DISM scan. To do that, just stick to these steps:
- Commence Command Prompt as an administrator.
- When Command Prompt opens, enter DISM /On the net /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and push Enter to run it.
- DISM scan will now get started. This scan can get about twenty minutes, in some cases a lot more, so never interrupt it.
Right after operating both equally scans, check if the trouble is however there.
Remedy four – Create a new person account
According to people, in some cases you may well be in a position to take care of Windows Update mistake 0x8007139f simply just by creating a new person account. Your person account may well be destroyed, and that can induce this issue to surface, however, you can take care of this trouble simply just by creating a new person account. To do that, just stick to these steps:
- Open up the Options app and go to the Accounts area.
- Now go to Spouse and children & other individuals area in the menu just one the left. Click on Increase an individual else to this Personal computer button in the right pane.
- Pick out I never have this person’s signal-in facts.
- When questioned to enter your Microsoft account credentials, pick out Increase a person with out a Microsoft account.
- Enter the username for the new account and click Next.
At the time you produce the new account, swap to it and check if the trouble is however there. Couple of people claim that creating a new person account, switching to it and then likely again to their most important account solved the trouble, so you may well want to check out that.
Remedy 5 – Reset Windows Update components
According to people Windows Update mistake 0x8007139f can surface if Windows Update components aren’t working thoroughly. This isn’t a huge trouble, and in most circumstances you can take care of it simply just by resetting these components. To do that, you just need to have to stick to these steps:
- Open up Command Prompt as administrator. We confirmed you how to do that in just one of our preceding remedies.
- When Command Prompt opens, run these commands just one by just one:
- net prevent wuauserv
- net prevent cryptSvc
- net prevent bits
- net prevent msiserver
- Ren C:WindowsSoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
- Ren C:WindowsSystem32catroot2 Catroot2.old
- net get started wuauserv
- net get started cryptSvc
- net get started bits
- net get started msiserver
Right after operating these commands, check if the trouble with Windows Update is solved. If you never want to run all these commands, you can constantly produce Windows Update Reset script and run all these commands quickly.
Remedy 6 – Complete a Procedure Restore
If you hold having Windows Update mistake 0x8007139f on your Personal computer, it’s feasible to take care of it by doing a Procedure Restore. In situation you never know, Procedure Restore is a attribute of Windows that can restore your Personal computer to an before state and take care of many problems together the way.
If you have troubles with Windows Update, you can conduct Procedure Restore by carrying out the next:
- Push Windows Key + S and enter process restore. Pick out Create a restore stage from the menu.
- Procedure Properties window will now surface. Click on the Procedure Restore button.
- Procedure Restore window will now open up. Click on Next to commence.
- If out there, check Demonstrate a lot more restore points alternative. Now just select the preferred restore stage and click Next.
- Follow the directions on the display screen to restore your Personal computer.
At the time your Personal computer is restored, check out to install the missing updates once again.
Remedy 7 – Consider to install the update manually
If you’re unable to install updates due to Windows Update mistake 0x8007139f, you may well be in a position to circumvent this issue simply just by setting up the updates manually.
Prior to you can do that, go to the Windows Update area and get the code of the update you’re hoping to down load. The update code has KB and the entrance and it’s adopted by an array of figures. At the time you obtain the update code, you can down load the update by carrying out the next:
- Take a look at the Microsoft Update Catalog internet site.
- In the lookup subject enter the update code.
- You must now see the updates that meet the lookup standards. Find the update that matches your process architecture and click the Down load button.
At the time you down load the update, double-click it and stick to the directions on the display screen to full the system. Keep in thoughts that this isn’t a everlasting answer, and by applying it you will just stay away from the mistake information.
Remedy 8 – Complete an in-location upgrade
In some circumstances, the only way to take care of Windows Update mistake 0x8007139f is to conduct an in-location upgrade. This system will reinstall Windows, update it to the most recent version and hold all your documents and programs intact. To conduct an in-location upgrade, do the next:
- Down load and run Media Creation Software.
- Now select Enhance this Personal computer now alternative and click Next.
- Select Down load and install updates (recommended) and click Next.
- Follow the directions on the display screen. On the Ready to install display screen you need to have to click Modify what to hold.
- Make absolutely sure to select Keep particular documents and applications and click Next.
- Now stick to the directions to full the installation.
At the time the in-location upgrade system is completed, you will have the most recent version of Windows 10 mounted and the issue must be solved.
Windows Update mistake 0x8007139f can be problematic and it can avert you from setting up updates, but we hope that you managed to clear up this issue immediately after reading through this short article.